[vc_row][vc_column][td_block_slide autoplay=”4″ category_id=”2″ limit=”4″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Fitness Trackers…it’s what we SPECIALIZE in!
Wearable tech has been one of the hottest new developments over the past few years, but no wearable tech offers up the mind-blowing amount of options that fitness trackers do these days. However, there are your fitness trackers, and then there are your waterproof fitness trackers, the latest in innovation to the technology that makes your old first generation FitBit seem as ancient as the mortar and pestle. Yet, like ye old smart phone, even the best waterproof fitness trackers can be found under so many different brand names each with half a dozen different versions that it makes choosing the best ones out of the pack much more difficult.
While many [easyazon_link keywords=”fitness tracker brands” locale=”US” tag=”tracker-showdown-20″]fitness tracker brands[/easyazon_link] come with waterproofing these days, there are so many other features you can also indulge in. Some monitor your heart rate, others allow smart phone notifications and GPS, but it is not just the features of the fitness tracker that are important. You have to consider the entire package as a whole and make sure it is right for what you want to use it for.
If you are looking to pick out the [easyazon_link keywords=”best waterproof fitness tracker” locale=”US” tag=”tracker-showdown-20″]best waterproof fitness tracker[/easyazon_link] to fit your unique needs, but don’t quite know where to start, you will want to keep the following in mind.
Why Buy a Fitness Tracker?
[easyazon_link keywords=”Fitness trackers” locale=”US” tag=”tracker-showdown-20″]Fitness trackers have exploded in popularity[/easyazon_link], and not just among gym rats. If you keep an eye on the wrists you pass on the street, you will find a number of elegant little fitness trackers as well as smart watches that double as a fitness tracker. Why is everyone getting in on this trend?
Well, one major factor is curiosity. You don’t need to go to the gym to burn calories. You burn calories every second of every day just to live. You burn calories sitting on the couch going through the motions of delivering delicious potato chips to your mouth. You burn calories walking to your afternoon meeting. The question is, though, just how many calories do you burn doing those things?
[easyazon_image align=”right” height=”92″ identifier=”B00HFPOXM4″ locale=”US” alt=”waterproof fitness tracker” src=”https://www.trackershowdown.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/41Yrg3mgx8L.SL160-1.jpg” tag=”tracker-showdown-20″ width=”160″]
That is exactly what many who wear fitness trackers want to know. However, once that curiosity is satisfied, [easyazon_link keywords=”fitness trackers ” locale=”US” tag=”tracker-showdown-20″]fitness trackers can help you live a healthier, fit lifestyle[/easyazon_link] by showing just how much your effort can pay off. When you use a fitness tracker to find out how many steps you take and how many calories your burn, be it on a day you don’t exercise or a day when you do, you can challenge yourself to go further.
You can challenge yourself to take the stairs instead of the elevator or walk to lunch instead of hailing the nearest taxi, and you can see just how much those little extra bits of effort make on your body. However, most importantly, when you go to the gym, you can make sure you stay on track by upping the intensity of your workout at regular intervals to both burn fat and build muscle instead of just stagnating.
Fitness trackers give you visual motivation in the form of beautiful data so you can keep challenging yourself each and every day to live better.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text][easyazon_table attributes=”Brand,ListPrice” identifiers=”B01G3J9VKG,B01M6YELRK,B01CML53BK,B01LXSES9K,B01MCTJZ2L” locale=”US” localize=”y” orientation=”at” tag=”tracker-showdown-20″ text=”Plustore Waterproof Bluetooth Fitness Tracker |IWOWNFIT I6 PRO Smart Wristband Fitness Tracker |Fitness Tracker Pedometer SHONCO I5 Plus Waterproof Bluetooth Activity Tracker|All Cart Fitness Tracker Wireless Activity Wristband Waterproof |Q-YEE Waterproof Fitness Tracker”][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Feature to Look For in the Best Waterproof Fitness Tracker
There are so many different things that fitness trackers can do these days that they can be real multi-tools wrapped right around your wrist. However, if you are looking for the [easyazon_link keywords=”best waterproof fitness tracker” locale=”US” tag=”tracker-showdown-20″]best waterproof fitness tracker[/easyazon_link], there are a few key features that you definitely want before you look for all those awesome extras.
- Waterproofing – This one is obvious. If you want a waterproof [easyazon_image align=”right” height=”92″ identifier=”B00HFPOXM4″ locale=”US” alt=”waterproof fitness tracker” src=”https://www.trackershowdown.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/41Yrg3mgx8L.SL160.jpg” tag=”tracker-showdown-20″ width=”160″]fitness tracker, you obviously want it to actually be waterproof. However, some models are splashproof while other are actually classified as waterproof. It is very important to watch the wording on this feature. If it is splashproof, you don’t need to worry about a little sweat or getting some water on it, but you definitely can’t shower with it on or submerge it in water. If you want to track your workouts in the pool our round up of waterproof fitness trackers for swimming will help you make the right choice.
- Adjustable Fit – You wouldn’t think it is important, but because wrists come in many different sizes, it is best to choose a fitness tracker with a band that doesn’t just clasp on, but has an [easyazon_link keywords=”adjustable buckle fitness band” locale=”US” tag=”tracker-showdown-20″]adjustable buckle[/easyazon_link]. You want a snug fit, particularly if you choose some other extra features like heart rate monitoring that needs to be snug against the skin to work. The adjustable band is also about comfort since many choose to sleep and shower with their trackers on.
- Battery Life – There’s an old saying that we just made up – “The more your fitness tracker does, the shorter battery life it will have.” It’s true, if you choose an elite model of waterproof fitness tracker that also has GPS and many other nice features, the battery may last significantly less than other models. Typically, fitness trackers use a coin battery that can last anywhere from a month or a year before you have to replace it. It wholly depends on the tracker itself. However, if replacing the battery is the whole reason you never wore a wristwatch in the first place, you may want to go for some of the rechargeable models that last about a week before the charge needs to be refreshed.
- Ease of Use – All fitness trackers are pretty easy to use. After you set them up, you just put them on and go. However, there are also models that you need to turn on by tapping or otherwise to put them into activity mode so they track exercise and not just your daily movement. While this is great for organization if you want to separate your activities, it is also pretty easy to forget to do.
The above are all must-consider features when shopping for a waterproof fitness tracker. However, there are literally tons of extra features that you can get. Some trackers focus on just a few aspects while other trackers collect huge amounts of data for you to mull over at day’s end. It all depends how in-depth you want to get. Here are a few extra features you may want your fitness tracker of choice to include:
- Step Tracking and Calories Burned – This isn’t really an extra since these two features are what even the most basic fitness tracker include.
- [easyazon_link keywords=”Sleep Monitoring” locale=”US” tag=”tracker-showdown-20″]Sleep Monitoring[/easyazon_link] – Tracks when you wake up, when you go to bed, and how long you slept. More advanced models may even track the quality of your sleep like how soundly you slept through the night.
- Heart Rate Monitoring – Not as accurate as standard heart rate [easyazon_image align=”right” height=”160″ identifier=”B01HV2VIZ0″ locale=”US” alt=”waterproof fitness tracker” src=”https://www.trackershowdown.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/51q8iUGxbpL.SL160.jpg” tag=”tracker-showdown-20″ width=”160″]monitor that attaches to your chest, but it can help to keep track of your resting heart rate and how long after activity it takes to return to normal.
- Altimeter – This feature tracks how many flights of stairs you climb in a day.
- Swim Technique Tracker – This is specific to waterproof fitness trackers made for swimmers. Some models will track not only the length swam, but detects strokes and offers advice on how to improve your technique.
- Smart Phone Integration – If you choose the fitness tracker that come with a screen, not only do they function as a watch, but many also allow you to receive notifications from your smart phone such a phone calls, text messages, and other alerts.
- GPS – This feature is not quite as widespread in fitness trackers as it is in other devices. Typically it is limited now to more expensive models, but it is still an excellent feature to have. For joggers and hikers, it can help them track their routes as well as other aspects of their workout like speed and altitude. However, GPS does come with two downsides: It doesn’t work as well on cloudy days and it can be a real drain on battery life.
These extra features are nice to have, but there is still one thing that matters even more, and what’s worse, most people don’t even remember to keep it in consideration.[/vc_column_text][td_block_instagram instagram_id=”garminfitness” instagram_header=”off” instagram_images_per_row=”5″ instagram_number_of_rows=””][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gd6lvw7PII”][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWNS6cdMqO0″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
The App Matters
Both design and the [easyazon_link keywords=”features of a fitness tracker” locale=”US” tag=”tracker-showdown-20″]features of a fitness tracker[/easyazon_link] are important, but one thing that many shoppers fail to investigate is the app that you use to actually look at the information that it gathers. Unless you are heavily into fitness, you probably don’t want an app filled with acronyms and meters that they average person wouldn’t understand. Luckily, most apps are built with ease of reading in mind. Not only do they fully explain the features, but they feature big, bold, easy to read interfaces as well.
More importantly is that the app tracks all the data that you want it to track. All fitness trackers keep track of, at very least, steps taken and calories burned. However, with the right app, you can go even deeper.
Some apps are great for dieters. They let you keep track of your diet by allowing you to input the food you ate and it estimates the calorie count within so you can be sure to burn more than you eat. Other apps let you differentiate from different exercises by logging the details after you workout. If you want to see the calories burned by both your yoga and your step class, there are apps that can do that.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text][easyazon_table attributes=”Brand,ListPrice” identifiers=”B01G3J9VKG,B01M6YELRK,B01CML53BK,B01LXSES9K,B01MCTJZ2L” locale=”US” orientation=”at” tag=”tracker-showdown-20″ text=”Plustore Waterproof Bluetooth Fitness Tracker |IWOWNFIT I6 PRO Smart Wristband Fitness Tracker |Fitness Tracker Pedometer SHONCO I5 Plus Waterproof Bluetooth Activity Tracker|All Cart Fitness Tracker Wireless Activity Wristband Waterproof |Q-YEE Waterproof Fitness Tracker”]
It is also important to remember that some fitness trackers don’t just make you use the app they developed, they also allow third-party connectivity. This means that you can use a number of apps in conjunction with your fitness tracker, but not all fitness trackers allow it. If that is something that is important to you, then it is best to keep it in mind when making your purchase.
However, the most important feature of your fitness tracker and their app should be compatibility. In this age of smart phones, almost all fitness trackers are compatible with iOS and Android phones, unfortunately other smart phones, like the Windows phone, for example, are rarely supported.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking https://www.trackershowdown.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row]